Top 10 Teaching methods
Published at : 07 Dec 2020
Top 10 Teaching Methods
Hello friends i am dr. tarpan shah and today i am going to discuss with you all regarding top 10 teaching methods.first & foremost we need to connect with our audience first,they should feel comfortable with us.if feeling level is fine then dealing level will be very fine.
For any presentation superb start is half the battle win.we need to create attention of our audience towards us.Don't just tell about the facts & data,always go from known to unknown approach while teaching.I fell there should be change in teaching methodology from teacher centered approach to student centered approach.
5 E's of Effective Teaching
Engage-engage your student in variety of activities
Explore-known to unknown approach
Evaluate-your method of teaching by asking questions like yes or no
Explain-make an idea or situation clear to someone by describing it in detail or revealing relavant facts.
Elaborate-explain in detail.
Let us see teaching methods
1. Lecture method-oldest method. Advantage is large no of topics can be covered in single class period. Students listening skills can be developed.no lab or equipment is required.
2. Discussion method-is a way of exchanging ideas among a teacher and student for purpose of developing students thinking, learning, problem solving, understanding etc.
3. Project method-is an educational enterprise in which student has to solve a practical problem over a period of several days or weeks.
4. Role play-is teaching by involving children’s to act or ur playing role and showing it to students.
5. Problem solving method-purposeful mental activity that helps solve problems. Make decision or fulfil a desire to understand.
6. Demonstration method-showing something to student’s by doing something practically.
7. Classes outside classroom-to make learning more engaging.make learning more relevant .it nurtures creativity & imagination. Develop learning through play & experimentation.
8. Story telling-tell the story or incidences and students will be able to remember for a long time.
9. Well come new ideas-an open minded attitude can help to teach innovative things
10. Simulation game-learning is fun where puzzles & games are part of education .students may not feel they are learning when their lessons introduced through games.