1. We have healthy boundaries. I know I talk about this a lot, but it’s SO important to the health of ourselves and our relationships.
2. We are able to identify our emotions. I mean if we think about it, there’s no way we can be emotionally mature if we don’t even know what emotions we are having.
3. We are able to admit when we are wrong.
4. We are slow to react, and instead respond thoughtfully to difficult situations.
5. We can communicate our needs and upsets clearly. This could be as simple as telling your friend that you really need her to go with you to that party, or letting your spouse know that what they said was hurtful.
6. We are able to make decisions on our own! Emotionally mature people don’t need others to tell them what to do.
I'm Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos!
MY BOOK "Are u ok?" A Guide To Caring Your Mental Healthhttp://bit.ly/2s0mULy
I do not currently offer online therapy. BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor, please visit: https://tryonlinetherapy.com/katimorton
I receive commissions on referrals to BetterHelp. I only recommend services I know and trust.
Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself. Whether you add the prompts to your own journal at home or use the comment section under the prompt itself, this can be a great way to keep on track with journaling. https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join
MY AMAZON RECOMMENDATIONS https://www.amazon.com/shop/katimorton
Do you want to help me support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Opinions That Don't Matter! & Ask Kati Anything!
HELPING WITH OUR VIDEO CAPTIONShttp://www.youtube.com/timedtext_cs_panel?c=UCzBYOHyEEzlkRdDOSobbpvw&tab=2
PO Box #665 1223 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.