Signify illuminates Shanghai Bund with tunable white LED
Published at : 31 Dec 2020
Signify has lit the iconic Shanghai Bund which includes over 40 historic buildings along the waterfront which is now controllable at the touch of a button via the Interact Landmark connected lighting system. The historic 1930’s Shanghai Bund features tunable white LED façade lighting on 23 out of over 40 buildings that comprise the project to emphasize the classical color tones of this architectural masterpiece with: Signify’s Interact Landmark system, Color Kinetics ColorReach and eW reach, Philips UniFlood and UniStrip LED luminaires.
The Shanghai Bund is part of Signify’s largest-ever single, connected architectural lighting implementation. With its 50,000 LED light points this lighting project will give a lighting facelift for the Shanghai Municipality, encompassing three bridges and 77 buildings in the financial and tourist districts.
Top Five Facts about Shanghai’s city illumination
1. In total there are more than 50,000 connected light points stretching 1.2km along the waterfront – a length equivalent to over 13 football pitches – as well as on three bridges: the Yangpu, Nanpu and Xupu bridges.
2. In Pudong over 40 buildings are lit, including the Shangri-La Hotel and the Shanghai Jinmao Tower.
3. At 1,380 feet, the Shanghai Jinmao Tower is the third tallest building in the city, featuring dots of light to give a sparkling effect on its red top. The red tops of the skyscrapers in Pudong are lit with over 27,000 Philips LED luminaires.
4. A stunning red waterfall effect along the Huangpu river is created using Color Kinetics LED luminaires which may be controlled individually. The color red used for the waterfall effect is symbolic for China.
5. The Yangpu and Nanpu sister bridges stretch 11 km along the Huangpu River and have been illuminated. A total of 7,800 connected Philips LED luminaires now light up the Yangpu, Nanpu and Xupu bridges using the Interact Landmark system.
外滩漫步 Walking In The Bund; 作曲：罗威; Composer: Wei Luo 钢琴演奏：罗威; Piano: Wei Luo大提琴演奏：刘千慈; Cello: Qian-Ci Liu 混音：许扬; Mixing Engineer: Yang Xu 交响乐团演奏：首席爱乐乐团; Orchestra: International Concertmasters Phiharmonic Orchestra 交响乐团监制：李朋; Orchestra Manager: Peng Li 录音：刘韧; Recording Engineer: Ren Liu 发行：上海星外星文化有限公司; Distribution:Shanghai Starsing Culture Transmitted Ltd.,Co.