Refrigerator Organization | Tips on How to Organize Your Refrigerator + Fridge Tour
Hey, y’all, Happy New Year!
In this video, I want to share some of my thoughts on home organization with you and give you a tour of my refrigerator. I like to start with touching up my kitchen in the new year, and the fridge is an excellent place to start because it also helps me with the goals I have for my health.
I hope you find this video encouraging and helpful.
Below are the quick tips I discuss in the video on how you can get started organizing your refrigerator.
Supplies needed to start organizing your refrigerator
- A cooler - you can also use your freezer
- Trash bags
- Cleaner Shelf liners (optional)
- Baking soda (I personally use this Fridge-n-Freezer Odor Absorber https://amzn.to/3ocZHSf)
* LINK CONTAINERS I USE https://www.amazon.com/shop/thesimplehappylife?listId=1UTAAY4CBTJ6J&ref=idea_share_inf
1. TAKE EVERYTHING OUT of your refrigerator and toss expired items.
- Toss the expired items in the trash—place remaining perishable items in the cooler and the rest on the counter.
2. CLEAN THE SHELVES AND DRAWERS in your refrigerator.
-Use your favorite cleaner and deep clean your fridge. You can pull and the shelves and drawers to really get a good clean.
-Once everything has been wiped down, return shelves and drawers to the refrigerator.
- If you want, you can add shelf liners to your shelves and drawers. (I personally do not do this, but I know many people do.)
- Add Baking Soda (you will want to switch this out every month or so)
*I know people are divided on whether or not it’s necessary to add baking soda to your refrigerator, but I personally think it does help to neutralize odors.
3. INVISION WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR REFRIGERATOR TO BE FILLED WITH
- Now, close your eyes. Think about the foods you need in your refrigerator to feed YOUR body what it needs to be healthy. If t helps, you can sketch out the shelves and drawers of your refrigerator and write down where you want to store your food.
- Create dedicated areas for your categories—for example, a shelf for your smoothie items.
4. PUT YOUR FOOD BACK in the refrigerator
- Now, you can put your food back in the refrigerator into your new dedicated areas. (You may have to adjust your shelves.)
- If you like, you can add labels to your shelves and drawers to help you and your family members remember and maintain your new system.
That’s it! You have organized your refrigerator. Take the same steps to organize your freezer.
* As a bonus, you can add bins to contain like items and help keep your produce fresh.
* Purchasing bins in the same color can help to create a cohesive feel. Here’s a link to many of the items I use in my refrigerator organization.
LINK CONTAINERS I USEhttps://www.amazon.com/shop/thesimplehappylife?listId=1UTAAY4CBTJ6J&ref=idea_share_inf
CONNECT WITH ME:
Amazon Favorites www.amazon.com/shop/thesimplehappylife
*Description may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) for any purchases you make through these links. This is to help support my channel. Thank you for your support. This is not a sponsored video. This video is not made for children.
#refrigeratororganization #fridgeorganization #kitchenorganization