Improve your IELTS Writing Task 2 skills on my free 5 Day Writing Challenge. Sign up here: http://ieltsadvantage.co/5-day-challenge-vip/bb2a6cfe861
You'll also find more help with IELTS Writing Task 2 on my website: https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/writing-task-2/
Task 2 can be a little tricky for many doing the test.
One of our students tried 4 times and got 6.5 every time. When she came to us she was desperate to get at least a Band 7 in her next writing test.
We identified that she was doing some very basic things wrong and we decided to teach her the basic principles of IELTS Writing.
These key principles were all linked to the IELTS Writing Task 2 Official Marking Criteria. This helped her get inside the mind of an examiner and understand exactly what they want on test day.
In this lesson, we show you her previous essay and compare it with her final one before she did the test.
She managed to go from a Band 6.5 to a Band 8 in quite a short period of time.
Here's what I'll teach you:
Why you need a principled approach (3:08)
The essay question (4:36)
The 3 stages to IELTS Writing Task 2 (5:49)
1: The Thinking Stage
- Plan your Task 2 essay (7:06)
- Think about the question (8:26)
- Understand what the examiner wants you to do (10:03)
- Generate ideas (11:08)
- Structure planning (14:43)
- Key Principles for the Thinking Stage (17:58)
2: The Writing Stage
- Paraphrasing (22:09)
- Writing an effective introduction (22:15)
- Main Body Paragraphs and idea development (24:30)
- Writing effective conclusions (35:00)
3: The Checking Stage
- A checklist of key elements (37:20)
- Improving your grammar in IELTS Writing Task 2 (39:02)
- Improving your vocabulary in IELTS Writing Task 2 (41:11)
- Editing (42:58)
4: Free IELTS Writing Task 2 Course (47:55)
5: Your turn (48:34)
I've also added a question at the end of the video. Post it in the comments below and I will select a few samples and give detailed feedback in our next video.
If you would like a more detailed course on IELTS Writing Task 2, you can click here to gain instant access to our free 5 Day Challenge here - http://ieltsadvantage.co/5-day-challenge-vip/bb2a6cfe861
If you need any help or advice, feel free to get in touch- email@example.com