How to Confirm Pregnancy: 3 Reliable Ways
Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research
Published at : 19 Dec 2020
If you notice early signs of pregnancy such as:
- Missing your period
- Change in breasts (feelings of fullness, tenderness or tingling)
- Nausea and vomiting
you probably want to know how to confirm pregnancy. Use any of these 3 ways to confirm pregnancy.
1. Confirm Pregnancy using a Home Pregnancy Test
A home pregnancy test detects presence of the pregnancy hormone (called human Chorionic Gonadotrophin or hCG) in your urine.
Follow these simple steps to use home pregnancy test:
- Take the test 5-10 days after you miss your period.
Collect the morning urine mid-stream in a clean container.
- Add the urine sample to the marked pit or absorbent tip using a dropper.
- Leave the pregnancy test undisturbed and check the result after the stated time.
- You can refer to the given instructions to interpret the results.
If you're unable to interpret the test results, consult a gynecologist to confirm the results.
You can also visit a doctor to confirm your pregnancy.
2. Blood Test for Pregnancy Hormone
Your doctor will advise a blood test that detects the level of the pregnancy hormone (hCG) in your body.
3. Trans-vaginal Ultrasound Scan
A trans-vaginal ultrasound scan is done 6 - 7 weeks after missing your period. It confirms pregnancy and also gives valuable information like location, number and viability of pregnancy.
Do you know of any other reliable ways to confirm pregnancy? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Liked this video? Give us a thumbs up and SUBSCRIBE for more such informative content!
Visit our website: www.sitarambhartia.org
Subscribe to our blog: www.sitarambhartia.org/blog
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sitarambhartia
how to confirm pregnancyconfirm pregnancyhome pregnancy test