How To Answer The Salary Question During The Interview // In this video, I will show you how to answer the interview question on “What is your salary expectation?
There are things you need to know and do before you can answer this salary question. What you need to know is how much are you worth to the marketplace? It’s all about value.
3 things you need to do to answer the salary question:
First thing - do your homework. Do an Online Search on the job title. You need to know what the job is paying according to the marketplace. Go to:
• Salary.com & LinkedIn.com
Never go into a salary negotiation blind and unarmed w/o research
Second thing – Once you know your true worth/value, don’t hold back when they ask you your salary expectation.
• Give it to them. One number, not a range
• Ask for more than you want
• Never defer or deflect the salary question
• Never leave the salary question blank on the application
• Never put “open” in the application regarding salary either
• How to answer a “Requests for Past Salary”. But if they force you to say something, then say something like:
o at my previous job, my compensation was in the ___ (use a round number like – high 70’s) with a good benefits package.
Third thing – What do you do when they say “NO” to your request and offer a lower salary?
• You can take it or start negotiating
o Don’t be afraid to Counter with a 10% hick on their offer
• Negotiate on the following
o Sign-on Bonus
o Better benefit package
• Know your walk-away figure
DOWNLOAD - Interviewing Cheatsheethttps://www.darnellc.com/pl/44585
DOWNLOAD MY FREE BRAND NEW 3-PART VIDEO SERIES TITLED "HOW TO PLAY THIS CAREER GAME TO WIN!" https://www.darnellc.com/pl/17955
How To Ask For The Jobhttps://youtu.be/Hv8cMuQdqHg