A Brief History of Roscoe 1991 - 2020 - Grumman Style
Published at : 24 Dec 2020
A Brief History of Roscoe 1991 - 2020 - Grumman Style: Inspired by the GPA post "Who is this Roscoe anyway?"; Here is my Flying history from 1991 to 2020 to you as a 2020 Holiday Gift.
Inspired by GPA post, ‘Who is this Roscoe anyway?’
Most of you do not know all of this mostly because when we are together we talk/work airplanes.
o (Prior flunk out of college), 10 years later,
o Multiple BSs,
o 2 master,
o 2 PHDs,
o post doc work NRL
• CAC Project Moving Map Military aircraft
• Over budget, behind schedule, went to airport to buy aerial map of base area, rent flight, etc.
• Working on A&P since Charles Alexander
• 22 days later License, 92 Instrument, Commercial, 94 Multi (cougar) 98 ATP
• Bought AA5
• 780 hours first years
• Started SurveyAir – left NRL government service, now contracting company with NASA
• Camera port Field approval FSDO shared with Grummans
• Wright Brother Hangar,
• Airport Manager OF PCU, PICAYUNE MS
• Board member many offices
o Past president
o Regional director (2 regions)
o Equipment Director
o Volunteer to be Web guy on 2005, but no joy!
• Award winner
• Trophies (you’ve seen only half of the ones I have on the wall of my hangar.
• Chaired 3 convention
• 3 co-chairs
• If you have been to any of them, you had a great time. Loaned 23JK
• Brought Precision Taxi to the games 1995 Rough River
• Served on First air Boss Team (5 years)
• On back on many old printed Stars (126)
• Thinking of moving
• Flying NO to I62 3 weekends a month so move
• All my flying buddies for formation in Ohio
1995 Leave south, move to Ohio
Started web security business Sentential Network 2001 with Walkman
2003 Buy house on Airpark.
• Work software jobs up to CTO in 2005.
• Get A&P then IA
• Silver parachute and retired, sell all properties in US except Carpenter Road.
• Buy Luann a Yankee,
• Start Yankee Aviation
• Work with AirModsNW and Fletchair over the years
• Did many Kindnesses
o Xmas party all Grumman shops
o Thanks top all who contributed money
• My old boss from the late 70’s sent me Xmas money.
2012 Moved to KHAO
• Ejected out right before convention 2013 and forbidden by Charlie to attend Arlington even as co-chair or guest (already paid)
• Might add, attended over 20 conventions in a row (unbroken chain), Thanks Charlie! Give list
• Bob Steward Hangar
• Join GPA 2014
• YouTube channel now over 1000 videos
• Don’t need a memorial service for me, just get folks together and stream all my Videos (over 100 hours total time.
• Let me thanks those of you who came and helped me after the event
Blackout of 2 months (being lots of others) means I missed many bad procedures and other stuff (swelling) glad not to remember
• Memory intact
• Came back as me! Verified
• Rescue stuff from Ken’s
• Selling bits to the fleet
• Finally back to old health, no fevers, etc. Since summer, infections under control, need only 2-4 hours of sleep again.
• Grumman info for you as
• STCs (Ken’s) to support the fleet.
• Enjoy the time I have left
• Have really enjoyed meeting all of you who helped me enjoy and expand my life, thank you all.
• What now?