You may have heard of emotional intelligence, emotional quotient or EQ, what exactly are the signs of maturity? Having strong, emotional maturity is an asset to navigating the ship of life. What exactly is emotional maturity, you ask? Emotional maturity is the ability to clearly understand and manage your emotions. Emotions play a huge part in our everyday interactions. Are you wondering if you're an emotionally mature person or if someone you know is? If so, watch this video to see if you relate to some of these signs.
Writer: Merinda Quegan
Script Editor: Rida Batool & Kelly Soong
VO: Amanda Silvera
Animator: Morgan H.
YouTube Manager: Cindy Cheong
1) 7 Signs You're Emotionally Burnt Out - https://youtu.be/CDvnw8eOjFQ
2) 7 Signs of Emotional Intelligence - https://youtu.be/wUdfblJEAY8
1. Ben-Artzi, E., Mikulincer, M., & Glaubman, H. (1995). The Multifaceted Nature of Self-Consciousness: Conceptualization, Measurement, and Consequences. Imagination, Cognition and Personality, 15(1), 17–43
2. Duval, S., & Wicklund, R. A. (1972). A theory of objective self awareness. Academic Press.
3. Lewicki, Roy & Polin, Beth & Lount, Robert. (2016). An Exploration of the Structure of Effective Apologies. Negotiation and Conflict Management Research. 9. 177-196.
4. O. F. Kernberg, Self, Ego, Affects, and Drives, Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 3D, pp. 102-132, 1982.
5. Rob Pascale, Ph.D, Lou Primavera, Ph.D., Is Your Partner Emotionally Mature? Retrieved from:psychologytoday.com/us/blog/so-happy-together/is-your-partner-emotionally-mature
6. Van Heck G.L., Oudsten B.L.. (2008) Emotional Intelligence: Relationships to Stress, Health, and Well-being. In: Vingerhoets A.J., Nyklíček I., Denollet J. (eds) Emotion Regulation. Springer, Boston, MA