So you have received an offer letter to study a PhD or research degree. What should you do next? Professor James Arvanitakis has five key tips to help set you on the right path towards a successful candidature.
1. Contact your supervisor. It is up to you to drive the relationship and the first thing to arrange a meeting with your supervisor.
2. Confirm your start date. The date can be negotiated with your supervisor but you need to inform the Graduate Research School about when you intend to start.
3. Find out about orientation and make sure you are able to attend.
4. Set up your student email account and start using it for all communication with the university.
5. Get started! You need to get to work as soon as possible so start reading and writing notes.
For more information about studying a PhD or other research degree at Western Sydney University, visit our website:https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/graduate_research_school