This video describes about email system, SMTP - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Post office version 3, Internet mail access protocol. How its works?
"Email is an asynchronous communication medium in which people send and read messages as convenient for them. Email is fast, easy to distribute, and inexpensive.
- High level view of Internet mail system and its key components.
1. User agents: User agents allow users to read, reply to, forward, save, and compose messages.
2. Mail servers: A mailbox contains incoming messages for user.
3. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP): It is a principal application layer protocol between mail servers to send email messages.
SMTP: Simple Mail Transfer Protocol used in sending and receiving e-mail.
It use TCP to reliably transfer email message from SENDER MAIL SERVER to RECEPIENT MAIL SERVER using port 25.
POP3: Post Office Protocol – Version 3
IMAP: Internet Mail Access Protocol
- A mail access protocol, such as POP3, is used to transfer mail from the recipient’s mail server to the recipient’s user agent.
GTU - Computer Engineering (CE) - Semester 4 - 2140709 - Computer Networks - Application Layer - Email: SMTP, POP3, IMAP - Part I
Computer Networks PPTs are available here: http://www.darshan.ac.in/DIET/CE/GTU-Computer-Engineering-Study-Material
This video is recorded by Prof. Maulik Trivedi (email@example.com, +91-9998265805) at Computer Engineering Department of Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Rajkot as per GTU Syllabus.
Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Rajkot is a leading institute offering undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs in engineering. The Institute is affiliated to the Gujarat Technological University (GTU) and approved by the AICTE, New Delhi.
Visit us: http://www.darshan.ac.in
Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org